NO LONGER IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT.
The new calendar version doesn’t support templates.
What is the template function?
A template is a unique tool – a blank reservation, that:
- Allows you to change the regular reservation length
- Enables you to accept reservations without empty time slots or specifically, leave gaps between reservations
- Allows you to accept reservations to a specific table
- Does not allow guests to book freely at any time
Reservation templates are used for three main purposes:
- To set the exact times within which your customers can book a table (i.e. choose only two seatings in your restaurant at 6 p.m. or 9 p.m.)
- To control your kitchen load during busy periods (prevent all your customers from arriving at once in peak hours)
- Eliminates empty time slots between bookings so that you can sell more tables (empty slots between reservations are a waste of booking space).
- Turn on/off Old calendar version at Reservation settings.
Go to your Settings and from the left-hand side menu open Templates.
- Click on any calendar place (select table and time) and drag your mouse to the right (or you can double click).
- After you release your mouse you will see the template pop-up
Select template duration in minutes, i.e. 2 hours = 120 minutes
- Select the weekdays you wish to use a template, the same rules will be added to all marked days. We recommend creating a few days first
- To allow more tables to be booked at a specific time, select the tables and click the Save button to confirm your templates
How to delete templates:
- The templates for each day need to be deleted separately
- To delete an existing template, select the day, click the Delete
- Templates button and select the templates you want to delete
- When you’ve finished, click Confirm
How to create or change templates for a specific date
Templates are available only on the old calendar version.
How to adjust existing templates:
- Open your calendar and select a date you want to adjust
- Click on the template and hold and drag it to another time or table
- To change the booking length just click on the template, change the reservation end time, change reservation status to a template and click Save
- To create a new template, click on any calendar place (select table and time) and drag your mouse to the right (or you can double click). After you release your mouse you will see the reservation window pop-up.
- Change reservation status to a template and click Save
Note that all table templates need to be created one by one.
Turn on/off Old calendar version at Reservation settings.
How to restrict reservations to templates only
- Go to your settings and open Widget Settings
- Turn off “Reservations without templates” and click Save
- Please note, if some days do not have templates, reservations won’t be available on these days on the widget
Please open the widget and check all possible times, according to the days of the week, to ensure your templates are set correctly.